- One book
- One exercise class
- Two Movies
- Two Family Outings (including the beach and live music concert, both firsts for the kids)
- Two tubs of sweet organic strawberries
- Two chores completed (that I’ve been putting off for weeks…)
- Three Meals out
- Four loads of dishes (loaded/unloaded)
- Six loads of laundry*
- Six tantrums (I didn’t count but I assume once per day…)
- Six glorious days of sleeping in!
As you can see from the six loads of laundry, things did not always go as I planned. I wanted to exercise more. I would have loved to get one extra organizational chore out of the way and off my mind. And of course I wanted to unload fewer dishes! On the second day of my staycation, my husband had to remind me to enjoy myself. It was a much-needed reminder as I was focusing on the pitfalls of staying home (laundry, dishes..) and not the fun part (sleeping in, kids, family time)…
* I did not tally my chores against my husband’s. Two of those loads were my clothes (he does his own) while the other four were baby/kid clothes. To his credit, he did some kid-proofing, changed air filters, took out the trash a few times, also unloaded dishes, probably cooked dinner a few times, and took care of the dogs, a chore I hate!