You may have noticed a new Goals & Resolutions list on the side of my blog. That’s because I don’t have any other place to put up goals…my habit of writing down on goals on post-it notes doesn’t work because I simply forget about these a week later.
Some of the goals are a bit vague and more of an attempt to cultivate new, better lifelong habits than concrete goals.
- Update wardrobe. My taste has changed a lot lately and now I want a good combination of comfort and style. I think that every few years a wardrobe refresh is necessary due to changing tastes and shapes. My Dilemma: I have several pants and skirts that are still wear-able but a bit too tight for my liking. I also want 1 or 2 dresses. In my ideal world, all my new clothing would be good for both work and weekends. And did I mention that I don’t want to spend too much? Update: I just found this great post about clothes shopping (really helpful tips)!
- Eat fish at least twice a week. Always good, right?
- Don’t focus on saving money too much. Sometimes I feel like Scrooge McDuck.
- Enjoy parenthood.
- Exercise on the weekends.
- Don’t expect others to read my mind. This is one of the vague ones but I think one of the root causes of my unhappiness is that I expect others to know what I want without having to say anything.
- Pamper myself and don’t expect others to pat me on the back. Again this goes back to happiness. I often want others to praise my actions and get disappointed if no one seems to appreciate me. Well, I’m old enough now to reward myself and it’s better because no one knows what I want more than myself.
- Let go of my idea of a “perfect” clean house (life with kids is just going to be messy…). Where is my messy inner teenager?
Either I’m way ahead of my 2011 resolutions or I’m way behind in my 2010 resolutions.
Side Note: I read many bloggers who have monthly goals. I have no idea how they manage to make and keep so many goals! It is also hard to keep a reasonable number of goals. I really could list 3 financial goals, 3 career goals, etc… Plus I have some fuzzy desire to make a difference and support causes outside of my own little universe.