Another Every Wednesday Post…
In 2011, I made a list of small and some fairly vague goals. Since I didn’t make my list til late 2011, I’m not sure if you can really count it as success or failure but here goes:
1) Update wardrobe – Yes, I did some shopping. I still need to buy new shoes.
2) Eat fish at least twice a week – So/so. Some weeks were better than others. I’ll still try to do this in 2012.
3) Not to focus on saving money – Sometimes.
4) Enjoy parenthood – Yes. Yes?
5) Exercise on weekends – Fail.
5) Don’t expect others to read my mind – So/so.
6) Pamper myself – Yes, I did make some effort to enjoy time to myself without guilt.
7) Let go of my idea of a “perfect” clean house – Yes.
For 2012, I wanted to keep it simple and come up with one big goal instead of several small ones. So even though it’s a vague, non-actionable goal and experts recommend that you set goals that are concrete and action-able (i.e take a yoga class vs. lose weight), I’m just going to set one big vague goal: Attack My Fears, or not let my fears hold me back.
I don’t want to let my fears hold me back from tackling new challenges in life or work. Whether that means uprooting myself from my home country or just learning new things on the job or taking a new class, I’m not 100% sure. I just know that when I look back at my proudest moments and accomplishments, it usually involved taking myself out of my comfort zone.
If I come up with concrete actions, I’ll let you know….