Even with my goals posted, I still have to read through it daily in order to remember and take action. Of course the best thing about posting up goals on a blog is accountability so here goes…
- Update wardrobe. Purchased so far this year – $30 for a sweater, belt and striped shirt (via a Land’s End Canvas LivingSocial Deal), $26 for a sweater and $35 cotten dress perfect for next summer. I also realize that I need to create a list so that I don’t go overboard so here goes in terms of priority plus my maximum price: 1 pair of dark straight leg jeans ($50), 1 jersey wrap type dress (work/casual; $40), 1 skirt (work/casual; $40), 1 pair of ballet flats or heels (preferably in brown/neutral tones; $70), 1 -2 blouses that are comfy as t-shirts but more dressed up ($20 each).
- Eat fish at least twice a week. At least once – twice a week, I’m making this my default choice. If there’s fish on the menu, I’ll order it (unless it’s fried). Leaving myself “no choice” is probably the only way I can remember this goal!
- Don’t focus on saving money too much. I am constantly reminding myself that I’ve rarely found lower prices on diapers and wipes than at Amazon.com, although I don’t know if this is still true now that they dropped their discount from 30% to 20% only. I still compare prices way too often.
- Enjoy parenthood. Sometimes this is easy; sometimes incredibly hard.
- Exercise on the weekends. Not happening….
- Don’t expect others to read my mind. My poor husband should appreciate this one. I should also add “not to make mountains out of mole hills.” I sort of “let it go” in terms of a comment he made and the anger dissipated quickly rather than blow up.
- Pamper myself. I bought myself an iced coffee, just because.
- Let go of my idea of a “perfect” clean house!
Bonus goal of doing good: Bought co-worker an iced coffee, praised several colleagues that helped me on a big project, looked into joining a credit union.
I’ll do my next update in early December.